Hot & Cold Treatment
Hot and cold treatment is one of the most effective ways of relieving tissues in an acute inflammatory state. The alternation between cold and hot pack triggers successive vasoconstriction and vasodilatation, which “pumps” new blood in the area and effectively drains the congested inflamed tissue.
What is needed:
- A cold pack, it will need to be refrozen between each session. A bag of frozen vegetables will work as well, not to be consumed afterwards.
- A heat pack, most are microwavable. A hot water bottle can also be used.
- Wrap the cold pack in a thin towel or cloth.
- Apply to the inflamed area for 5 minutes.
- Change and apply hot pack for 5 minutes.
- Repeat for half an hour.
- Always start and finish with cold pack.
N.B: If any pain or burning sensation occurs during treatment, stop immediately. Do not leave heat or cold pack for more than 15 minutes. Never apply hot/cold pack directly on skin. Do not apply cold pack on the stomach area just after eating.
Natural Health Centre
12 Rue Halévy
Phone : 09 83 20 38 48